FileDrop allows you to drop files directly to an ISEBOX account. This eliminates the need to use third-party file transfer programs, such as FTP, WeTransfer, Google Drive, YouSendIt, Hightail, MediaFire and other similar services. Files uploaded through FileDrop can be used immediately on Project and Content Pages or downloaded at a later time.
Popular Use-case: Company JohnDoe Ltd. hired a team of photographers for a big promotional event they are hosting. The goal for this event is to get as many bloggers, influencers and journalists to be talking about their new Product. Each photographer takes a unique set of photos and videos and uploads those via ISEBOX FilesDrop. A designated ISEBOX User for JohnDoe Ltd. currates the photos in real-time, and makes them available on a Content Page specifically set up for the event. Ideally the Event Content page has been already shared to the Distribution list. Bloggers, influencers and Jounalists are able to access high-quality content and spread it through the web while the event is still going on.
This support article is partitioned into:
To upload Files via FileDrop:
1.) Go to your ISEBOX Filedrop Page: e.g. yourcompany.isebox.net/filedrop
Or alternatively if you're using a whitelabel domain:
Tip: If you're not sure about your FileDrop URL open any Content Page and modify the URL to have a */filedrop extension or contact ISEBOX Support.
2.) Fill out the the form and select the to-be-uploaded files:
To drop files into an ISEBOX account:
- Choose a recipient - this is usually the person that asked you to use FileDrop to send them files.
- Enter your name and email address - this lets the recipient know who is sending them files.
- Enter a note - If you'd like to communicate something to the recipient e.g. "Here is the final version of the video." or "Let me know what you think!", enter it here.
- Add your files - you can add any type of file and any file size. The larger the file the longer it will take to upload - this is based on your connection speed.
- Drop The Files - Click "All done - drop these files!" and your files will be uploaded and the user will be notified immediately.
Note: If you are prompted for a password to access an ISEBOX FileDrop, please request this from the user that asked you to send them files.
To access Files from FileDrop:
1.) Click FileDrop in the Navigation Menu.
2.) All uploaded files will shown in the Dropped Files section.
To add files from FileDrop to a Content Page:
1.) Click Projects in the Navigation Menu.
2.) Open the Project where Content Page is
3.) Click EDIT on the Content Page
4.) Depending on the FileType select either the Images, Video, Audio or Documents Tab.
5.) Click Add from FileDrop, select the desired Files and click Import selected files.
6.) Then click Save & Exit.
Hint: You will see a green message popping up on top if everything has been done properly.